7 things that are bugging me today:
1. I am STILL in the process of transferring files from the old computer to the new computer. The new computer that I got back in October and I’ve been using for my Dreamweaver work but nothing else. First three tries at transferring failed (variety of reasons) but I think it’s working now in another couple of hours, everything should be moved over. Well, documents anyway. I still have a few programs to install.
3. Every time I transfer files I am reminding that I stink at organizing the files on my computer. I have folders within folders within folders and the names are inconsistent and poorly represent what is inside. I could spend a year doing nothing but cleaning up my file system.
4. There was an inside-the-house spider incident today. I like bugs and critters when they are in the garden. I am not so fond of them in the house. A couple of hours ago a HUGE spider crawled down the side of the couch. The couch I was sitting on (bemoaning my lack of organizational skills.) I caught sight of it (moving way too fast) about a half inch before it reached my bare arm. I screamed (I am so not a screamer) and jumped off the couch which then dumped computer on the floor. Cassie and hubby came to my rescue but spider was not found. (Hubby says maybe vaccuumed up but I don’t think so.)
5. There is now a second neighbor who is specializing in very loud music all day long. Yes, I have called the cops. Again. And still.
6. The new computer which isn’t really new has a problem. The space bar makes a squeeky noise every time I touch it. Do you realize how many times you touch the space bar? A lot! Why didn’t I notice this back in October? Because I had it only set up in my office with the regular keyboard (which has issues of its own) and I only noticed it this weekend when I started bringing it in when I sit on the couch to watch tv. I don’t know what I am going to do about it but it is like nails on the chalkboard right now.
7. Birds are coming to the gardens. Birds are sitting on the hazlenut tree. Birds are hopping around on the ground. Birds are clinging to the dripper hanging over the birdbath. BUT BIRDS ARE NOT USING THE BIRDBATH AT ALL. Sigh.
I know. These are little whines but they are my whines in my corner of the world right now. Hubby is bringing home pizza and Willow Wings and all will be right eventually.