I woke up when Cassie woke up this morning but it wasn’t my turn to get out of bed. So I closed my eyes and started thinking about names. I have a lot of things that need names right now. So those of you that are good at naming things, please leave me lots of suggestions in the comments. 🙂 Thanks.
1. My new netbook needs a name. I’ve never named my computers before but I want to start. The netbook is blue and is my after hours and traveling buddy. He likes steak and potatoes and chocolate. He’s very impulsive and never stops to read directions before he puts something together.
2. My new laptop (won’t be here until next week) needs a name too. It’s an apple green workhorse that will be my main computer for everything. She’s a dedicated over-achiever always willing to work late for no extra pay. She’s a bit on the shy side and goes barefoot all the time.
3. I was even thinking about giving my office a name. I guess now that I’m spending more time in here (6 hours a day so far) I think we ought to move to a first name basis. It’s got a cozy, garden cottage sort of feel to it and I smile every time I walk in there.
4. Plant Kid’s story needs a name. I’m not stopping the work on Flyboy but Plant Kid is there, tugging at the edge of my mind and the hardest thing for me to tell him is that I have no title for him. I can’t start a book without a title. No, really I can’t. It’s a story about a kid who doesn’t have much of a family so he makes his own. Oh, and it’s about plants. And about how some things you want to fix can’t ever be fixed and sometimes that’s a good thing.
5. This blog needs a name. No, I’m not leaving Livejournal but I want to buy a domain name, set up a shell of a website, and then put the blog front and center. From there I can add things that will build around the focus of this blog which will still be about me but hopefully more bits about inspiration, persistence, and motivation for writers.
The floor is open. 😉